IMPORTANT: To apply for an open position please complete the application process by Clicking Here. Submitting a resume by email, mail, or fax may cause relevant information to be missed.
An exciting opportunity for a full time Chemical Technician has opened at FRX Polymers at our facility in Chelmsford, MA. FRX Polymers is commercializing polyphosphonate homopolymers and copolymers as flame retardant additives for plastics and is looking for an ideal candidate to join our collaborative team. The position mainly involves analysis and characterization of the products and occasional synthetic & formulation work
- Perform analysis of samples using laboratory equipment. • Calculate and record test results.
- Troubleshoot and calibrate test equipment as required. • Provide routine housekeeping in assigned area of work.
- Preparation of organic/polymer reactions including small lab scale up to mid pilot scale up.
- Keeping detailed records of experiments and written reports • Formulation work and testing properties (such as burn tests)
- Compliance with regulatory and safety standards while working
- A.S. or B.S. degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering
- 1 or 2 years experience in the R&D industry or related field.
- Familiar with chemical laboratory settings and procedures
- Knowledge of Windows/MS Office, data entry and report preparation. • Attention to detail critical with good laboratory skills
- Preferably knowledge of analytical equipment such as HPLC, GPC, GC etc.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written required.
- Working hours are from 7:00PM to 7:00AM Monday – Thursday – with some need to be flexible
Attn: Agencies & other vendors: At this time, FRX Polymers is not seeking any outside assistance to find qualified employees.