IMPORTANT: To apply for an open position please complete the application process by Clicking Here. Submitting a resume by email, mail, or fax may cause relevant information to be missed.
Formulation Development Chemist
FRX Polymers, Inc. has an opening for a full-time formulation development chemist position in the R&D department, located in Chelmsford, MA. The position primarily involves development of new formulations containing FRX’s flame retardant additives to meet specific customer targets. This includes chemical modification of materials and production processes in order to optimize performance polymer systems. Excellent analytical skills are required to problem solve and determine modifications for direct implementation with the customers.
Main responsibilities and duties
- Design, set up and execute formulation experiments at lab scale
- Conduct chemical and process modifications
- Generate ideas to help solve customer challenges that can be tested in-house or at customer sites
- Assist with polymerization experiments in the pilot scale reactor
- Perform product characterization and analysis including DSC, NMR, IR, GPC, HPLC, GC-MS, TGA, flame tests
- Provide detailed technical reports and prepare technical presentations for customers
- Master of Science in Chemistry, Polymer Science or Materials Science (with organic/polymer chemistry background).
- 1-2 years R&D bench experience with strong expertise in formulation chemistry
- Experience in polymer production at lab and/or pilot scale
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Excellent skills in design of experiments
- Capable of independently planning and executing experiments
- Resourceful with good problem solving skills and experience
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Good communication skills and ability to work well within a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Attn: Agencies & other vendors: At this time, FRX Polymers is not seeking any outside assistance to find qualified employees.