IMPORTANT: To apply for an open position please complete the application process by Clicking Here. Submitting a resume by email, mail, or fax may cause relevant information to be missed.
Overview of Job Responsibilities
A start-up manufacturing company in the Chelmsford, MA is seeking a Staff Accountant to join their team. The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of experience in a similar role posting daily, monthly and quarterly general ledger accounting activity and bank and account reconciliations. This position is critical to producing accurate and timely financial information.
Essential Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Reconcile various general ledger accounts and prepare related schedules
- Calculate, prepare and record journal entries including prepaid amortization, intercompany, revenue entries, and accounts payable accruals, etc.
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Prepare and code AP invoices for entry
- Data entry of AP invoices into system
- Review and enter employee expense reports
- File and maintain orderly files on AP records
- Process weekly A/P check run
- Post A/R cash receipts – Wire, ACH, intercompany remittances, and checks
- Send Customer statements weekly/monthly
- Process Payroll on a Bi-Weekly and Monthly schedule
- Interact with operations personnel to ensure proper recording of financial results
- Track and upload revenue by client to customer revenue database
- Calculate commission payouts and communicate with sales operations as needed
- Approve invoices and support to ensure contract compliance and proper accounting treatment
- Liaison with internal account representatives on invoicing issues
- Participate in quarterly and yearly audits
- Participate in annual budget process
- Comply with FRX Polymers requirements, as well as internal controls
- Participate in individual and team projects
- Interact with Vendors and Customers as needed
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills
- 2-5 years of related accounting experience
- Solid understanding of general accounting principles
- Very strong aptitude for business software applications
- Experience with ADP Payroll Processing
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains (SmartList & Management Reporter a plus)
- Experience in manufacturing or distribution, with an understanding of the inventory process.
- Intermediate to advanced level Excel understanding (Pivot tables, data formatting, spreadsheet development, use of formulas and other data manipulation) as well as general PC/Microsoft knowledge strongly preferred.
- Strong internal and external communications skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-tasked, fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze and problem solve
- Detail oriented and ability to organize workload to work effectively and efficiently
- Experience with foreign currency (gain/loss, conversion)
Measures of performance
- Consistently meet month-end deadlines
- Accurate calculations
- Proper application of GAAP
- No audit exceptions
- Works with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong work ethic and be able to work independently, as well as with a team.
- Productive and resourceful
- Consistent and dependable
- Self-sufficient with good organizational and follow up skills, maintaining ownership of the position.
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn and take on new job duties or special tasks as needed.
- High level of confidentially is required.
- Able to sit at desk for long periods of time
- Professional Attitude
Education: Bachelor’s degree required
Attn: Agencies & other vendors: At this time, FRX Polymers is not seeking any outside assistance to find qualified employees.